IEEE is the world’s largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. IEEE and its members inspire a global community to innovate for a better tomorrow through highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities. IEEE is the trusted “voice” for engineering, computing, and technology information around the globe.
Oversee and ensure the proper function of processes that support the operations of Member and Geographic Activities (MGA) geographic units; monitoring for efficiency, data accuracy and volunteer impact as well as adherence to IEEE and MGA policy.
You’ll evaluate recommended policy changes to minimize the disruptive impact on volunteers, staff, and existing system design and processes. Ensure a clear and complete interaction of the volunteer experience including communications, training, web and reference material.
You will also work to continually improve operational efficiency; identify potential issues and recommend actions to resolve; provide timely and concise communications, information and engagement opportunities.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
* 4 – 7 years’ experience in association management or industry that includes short- and long-term planning, project and process management and building strong relationships
* Experience with budgeting, finances and management of daily budgets
* Demonstrate a sharp business acumen, sound judgement, strategic thinking and planning, and knowledge of marketing and international business
* Project management experience
* Ability to give presentations to audiences of various sizes
* Management, staff development and relationship building experience
* Exceptional problem solving and conflict resolution skills
* Proficiency in developing technical solutions to business challenges
* Competency in using Tableau and Siebel preferred
For information on work demands and conditions required for this position, please consult the reference document, “Physical, Mental, and Work Environment Standards for IEEE Positions.” This position is classified under [Category I—Office Position].
IEEE is an EEO/AAP Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Disclaimer: This job description outlines the general nature and key features performed by various positions that share the same job classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons.
Visit www.ieee.org to view details about open positions in one of our four offices: Los Alamitos, CA; New York City; Piscataway, NJ; & Washington, DC.
The IEEE is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
The IEEE (Eye-triple-E) is a non-profit, technical professional association of more than 377,000 individual members in 150 countries. The full name is the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc., although the organization is most popularly known and referred
to by the letters I-E-E-E