DIRECTOR OF PRACTICE GUIDELINES SCHAUMBURG, IL – FLEXIBLE HYBRID SCHEDULE
Feel good about your work—and your workplace.
The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) team provides education, resources, and advocacy to help our members improve the experience and safety of patients in their care. You can be a part of this important work—join more than 160 change-makers, collaborators, and advocates as we continually work towards excellence.
We live our core values of collaboration, dedication, commitment, and improvement every day. And we know that diversity in the way we look, think, learn, and live makes everything ASA does better. Our policies, culture, and people strengthen this commitment every day. As a result, ASA has been named one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in Chicago and the Nation® for the past six years.
ASA offers flexible hybrid work arrangements, a "dress for your day" mindset, generous time off, plus big development and educational opportunities, so you can write your own story. What's more because ASA is a professional association—not a corporation—we value performance over profits.
As part of the health care community, we offer a full slate of health, financial, and wellness benefits to support personal and family needs, including quality medical, dental, and vision insurance at a reasonable cost, 401K match, a free fitness center, breastmilk shipping, CALM subscription, volunteer committees, employee resource groups, and much more.
Be part of a collaborative, caring community. Reach out to ASA today!
Reporting to the Chief Quality Officer, the Director of Practice Guidelines will be responsible for all aspects of developing evidence-based practice parameters and managing the process through publication. These practice parameters comprise guidelines and advisories. Job responsibilities will include systematic review and meta-analysis of existing scientific literature, distribution and analysis, and other activities pertinent to the development, facilitating discussions with physician Task Force members responsible for developing Practice Parameter recommendations, and refinement and final production of ASA practice parameters.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
· Systematic literature review and meta-analyses to support development of ASA practice parameters.
· Collaborate with the Committee on Practice Parameters to determine ASA needs for future guidelines, and advisories.
· Collaborate with chair of the Committee on Practice Parameters to help manage guideline development processes.
· Actively collaborate with Practice Parameter Task Forces to conceptualize and develop ASA guidelines and other practice parameters.
· Conduct evidence syntheses to support practice parameters and collaborate with task forces to prepare drafts of practice parameters.
· Evaluate guidance documents submitted to the Committee on Practice Parameters by external organizations for possible ASA endorsement.
· Manage the methodologists and contract personnel to ensure timely completion of the practice parameters to meet publication and ASA governance approval timetables.
· PhD in health services research, biostatistics/statistics, epidemiology, public health, or other related discipline required.
· Minimum 10 years of experience (track record) in the conduct and reporting of systematic reviews and meta-analysis used to develop clinical guidance and/or health policy.
· Minimum 5 years of experience in health care research.
· Minimum 3 years of managerial or Director experience in a related function
· Experienced scientific writer, with a track record of successful publication.
· Experienced user of MS Office products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Experienced in statistical software (e.g., R, Stata, etc.) used to conduct meta-analysis.
· Experienced in literature review software (Distiller SR preferred).
· Knowledge of the perioperative environment and scientific and clinical issues confronting anesthesiologists preferred.
· Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and a rapidly evolving healthcare policy climate.
· Interaction style that exhibits high energy, strategic thinking, collaboration, direct communication, and results orientation.
· Ability to adapt to changing communication technologies such as online publication, webinars, and interactive presentations.
The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) is a medical association that serves more than 55,000 members in the U.S. and around the world. We strive to be the world's premier medical society by offering superior educational opportunities and resources to our members, as well as a positive, empowering environment for our employees.
With more than 175 talented, enthusiastic employees, our organization places tremendous value on the contributions, unique expertise, and vast knowledge that every individual brings to our table. Our Schaumburg, Illinois headquarters is home to a variety of member support, education, marketing, and operational functions, while colleagues in Washington D.C. fiercely advocate on behalf of patients, physician anesthesiologists and the specialty as a whole.
Each of us is dedicated to our members and we strive to create an outstanding experience that helps them succeed. This commitment to excellence reaches far beyond our daily tasks—we set high expectations for ourselves, exhibit a strong work ethic and take pride in the results we achieve. Collectively, our desire to keep improving allows us to achieve great things as we seek feedback, pursue know...ledge, and strategize to enhance our organization for the future.
One tangible result of living these values is being named one of Chicago's Best & Brightest Companies to Work For® in addition to one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation® for the last five years. ASA was also awarded the Health Champion designation for two consecutive years by the American Diabetes Association®.
As we continually seek to strengthen the organization, we welcome individuals who are competent, innovative, motivated, and agile. If this sounds like you, please consider reaching out!