Prior experience and partial commission basis will determine final income.
Telecommuting is allowed.
This is a fully remote, contract-to-hire position.
Overview: To make a positive difference in women physicians’ lives by leading AMWA’s strategic efforts to design, recruit, retain, and engage membership by advancing AMWA’s mission and maintaining the highest ethical standards.
The American Medical Women’s Association is a multispecialty organization of women physicians committed to advancing women in medicine, advocating for equity, and ensuring excellence in health care. www.amwa-doc.org
1. Develop strategies and programs to stimulate member engagement and deliver a roadmap for sustainable membership growth while working closely with the Executive Director.
2. Execute a strong data-driven member engagement, retention, and recruitment strategy and implementation plan. Provides monthly data and insights into the membership program, including but not limited to:
Maintaining accurate membership records (using membership database)
Conducting membership trend analysis by region
Recruitment and retention reports
Current, new, and prospective member information
Member experience throughout the join and renewal process
3. Enhance member benefits and services. Works with staff and members to develop and manage processes for feedback on membership, programs, and services.
4. Initiate and manage strategic partnerships with other physician associations and groups to help with recruitment and retention of membership, including attendance at these association meetings to represent AMWA.
5. Functions as staff liaison to AMWA Regional Governors and Local Branches
6. Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within a diverse multicultural environment.
MBA or other Business, Communication, or Marketing education a plus
Prior experience in marketing and sales.
5+ year experience in association membership development or constituent management
Demonstrate prior experience growing membership/customers and strengthening membership/customer retention.
Bring an understanding of higher education, non-profit association management, and physician needs, preferred.
Exceptional problem-solving and organizational skills with attention to detail.
Experience with membership database management (Memberclicks a plus) and productivity tools.
Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of customer service.
Excellent oral and written communication skills in order to interact effectively with members and customers outside the organization.
Willingness to travel and represent AMWA at professional conferences and leadership meetings.
The American Medical Women’s Association, founded in 1915, is the oldest, multispecialty organization of women physicians committed to advancing women in medicine, advocating for equity, and ensuring excellence in health care.