We are committed to supporting at risk children and families providing them with tools and resources to help prevent children from experiencing child abuse, neglect and abandonment. We are a Christian agency that believes in living our mission, we provide Christ-centered care and support to children and families in need.
In response to this community-wide challenge, Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services (PCHAS), provides 14 programs and services in 28 locations, in Missouri, Texas, and Louisiana, which provide children with permanent homes and adults with increased self-sufficiency. This is accomplished by the agency’s commitment to “The PCHAS Way” which inspires the agency to be strength-focused, family-centered, and goal driven with every client.
Benefits of serving children and families in need through PCHAS include competitive salaries, flex work schedules, paid time off, medical, dental and vision insurance options, voluntary life insurance options, paid holidays, and a very generous retirement plan (after one year of service and working 1,000 hours the agency matches an employee 200% up to a 3% retirement contribution).
Working Conditions: Works in a typical office setting and from employee’s home, or other community location as established by flexible work agreement, to complete paperwork, documentation, and other indirect service tasks.
The Therapist provides assessment, treatment planning, and intensive home, school, and community-based therapy services for Family Solutions for Kids clients (ages 4 to 19) and family members in their household. The person in this position also provides case management which includes linkage, sharing resources, and cultivating natural supports to ensure long term success and access to services. The position also requires working collaboratively with collateral contacts to cultivate long term relationships with community partners.
Essential Job Functions:
· Provides thorough Family Assessment and Safety Planning in the home to inform development of a Treatment Plan with measurable goals, specific to the needs of the family and updates the plan within 6 to 8 weeks or as needed. Implements evidence based interventions based on the treatment plan and follows program requirements in cooperation and compliance with funding source.
· Maintains client files and documentation according to ethical/legal standards as required by policy, procedures, and contract/grant requirements, in an accurate and timely manner.
· Provides education related to family functioning and child development, cultivating skills to improve communication, emotional regulation, and relationship focused parenting, and helps families develop natural supports and crisis plans.
· Provides linkage with community supports and resources and works collaboratively with referral sources as appropriate. Provide aftercare services in the form of follow up phone calls 6 and 12 months after discharge.
· Meets agency productivity expectations on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis.
Therapists shall possess a master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or Counseling. Must be either licensed or provisionally licensed in a clinical discipline, i.e. LCSW, LPC, LMFT, etc. in the state of Missouri.
Represents Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services (PCHAS) to the professional community. Must have strong verbal and written communication and ability to represent the agency well. Builds and maintains positive community relationships with referral sources, Family Court, treatment providers, schools, and agency partners. Builds and maintains rapport with children, parents, and families; actively managing and resolving conflicts. Plans, arranges, and/or provides crisis intervention services as needed. Maintains confidentiality and HIPAA standards for all assigned clients and families.
Must hold a valid driver’s license, have and maintain a risk-free driving record. Must be willing to undergo initial and periodic child abuse/neglect, criminal history, sexual offender, and child care/elder care disqualification list screenings. As requested, must submit fingerprints for review by the state of your employment and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Must undergo a pre-employment drug screen and a pre-employment physical with the results showing no evidence of communicable disease.
We provide Christ-centered care and support to children and families in need.
PCHAS’ mission is a restatement of the biblical call in James 1:27 that true religion is this: to look after orphans in their distress.
PCHAS believes that the most powerful way to help children is by strengthening their families. We accomplish this by living into our philosophy of care which is to be family centered, strength focused, and goal driven.
We are a faith-based Christian organization which strives to serve like Jesus. We meet our clients where they are and treat them with respect. We focus on our clients’ strengths rather than their problems. And we encourage our clients to focus on their future rather than their past. When we do this well, we help children and families find hope and know the love of God.