Development Data Coordinator - Flexible Hybrid Schedule
American Society of Anesthesiologists
Location: Schaumburg, IL
Type: Full Time
Preferred Education: 4 Year Degree
Development and Foundation
DEVELOPMENT DATA COORDINATOR
SCHAUMBURG, IL – FLEXIBLE HYBRID SCHEDULE
The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) serves more than 55,000 members in the U.S. and around the world. With more than 155 talented employees, our organization places tremendous value on the contributions, expertise, and knowledge that each one brings to our table.
Our Schaumburg, Illinois headquarters is home to member support, education, marketing, and operational functions, while colleagues in Washington D.C. advocate on behalf of patients, physician anesthesiologists and the specialty. Thanks to our positive, supportive work environment, ASA has been named one of Chicago's Best & Brightest Companies to Work For® in addition to one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation® for the last five years.
The American Society of Anesthesiologists values the safety of our employees, our members, and our visitors. In support of these values, if you are selected for this job, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, except when vaccination is not medically advised or violates your sincerely held religious beliefs. New employees must either provide proof of vaccination or be granted a medical or religious exemption before working with the American Society of Anesthesiologists.
ASA offers flexible hybrid home-and-office work arrangements and so much more! As we continually seek to strengthen the organization, we welcome individuals who are smart, creative, motivated, and agile. If this sounds like you, please consider reaching out!
The Foundation for Anesthesia Education and Research (FAER) is a 501(c)3 charitable organization, and a related organization of the American Society of Anesthesiologists®. For 35 years, FAER has been dedicated to developing the next generation of physician-investigators.
The FAER Development Data Coordinator ensures that the administration and input of data and reports within FAER’s donation and grant software are up-to-date and accurate. Responsible for processing and entering all donations that come into and payments going out from the organization. Runs reports to validate data and manages cleanup processes. Directly creates or assists in the creation of reports, queries and mailing lists.
· Responsible for FAER donor, grantee and volunteers lists within AMS, Constant Contact, and Proposal Central.
· Performs regular quality control reviews on data to ensure the maintenance of high-quality data; corrects data in AMS and Constant Contact.
· Assists with the administration of solicitations via mail and email, donor cultivation and stewardship, and SAER membership acquisition and retention, including invoicing and processing.
· Generates reports on donations, acquisition, and retention progress on a regular basis. Prepares monthly gift reports for leadership.
· Effectively communicates with a variety of FAER stakeholders, including Board members, donors, grant recipients, program participants, and American Society of Anesthesiologists’ staff and physician members. This requires a high level of finesse, diplomacy, and professionalism.
· Processes donor gifts, including gift information entry into a donor/constituent management database, manages donor acknowledgements, and makes appropriate copies for office files.
· Prepares mailings, extracts contact information from donor database, fact checks, creates, and executes mail merges.
· Maintains and provides updates to FAER’s website.
· Process all invoices and expense reports for FAER and codes correctly.
· Sources FAER giveaways.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· 2 years of office, administrative and/or relatable experience required; medical association experience desirable; experience with a foundation, non-profit or fundraising organization helpful.
· Performs duties independently, demonstrates confidence and takes ownership in handling questions, phone calls and emails. Experience working with healthcare providers and their team members a plus.
· Ability to efficiently manage and prioritize many projects and tasks simultaneously, ability to provide support for multiple team members.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word and Outlook.
· Proficiency with web-based publishing tools and content management systems required. Experience using Google, Gmail, Google Calendar and Constant Contact preferred.
· Experience with use of and data entry into large database systems required. Personify and/or fundraising software database knowledge highly preferred.
· Clear and consistent communicator (verbal and written) with excellent proofreading skills.
· Able to maintain confidentiality of information, demonstrate good decision-making and critical thinking skills as well as strong attention to detail and follow-through.
· Must be willing to adapt to the demands of a rapidly changing work environment.
The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) is a medical association that serves more than 55,000 members in the U.S. and around the world. We strive to be the world's premier medical society by offering superior educational opportunities and resources to our members, as well as a positive, empowering environment for our employees.
With more than 175 talented, enthusiastic employees, our organization places tremendous value on the contributions, unique expertise, and vast knowledge that every individual brings to our table. Our Schaumburg, Illinois headquarters is home to a variety of member support, education, marketing, and operational functions, while colleagues in Washington D.C. fiercely advocate on behalf of patients, physician anesthesiologists and the specialty as a whole.
Each of us is dedicated to our members and we strive to create an outstanding experience that helps them succeed. This commitment to excellence reaches far beyond our daily tasks—we set high expectations for ourselves, exhibit a strong work ethic and take pride in the results we achieve. Collectively, our desire to keep improving allows us to achieve great things as we seek feedback, pursue know...ledge, and strategize to enhance our organization for the future.
One tangible result of living these values is being named one of Chicago's Best & Brightest Companies to Work For® in addition to one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation® for the last five years. ASA was also awarded the Health Champion designation for two consecutive years by the American Diabetes Association®.
As we continually seek to strengthen the organization, we welcome individuals who are competent, innovative, motivated, and agile. If this sounds like you, please consider reaching out!