Assistant to the Office of the President and Board of Trustees
Location: Elmhurst University
Type: Full Time
Preferred Education: Some College
Administrative, Clerical, Support
Internal Number: 1714
Position requires a commitment to a collaborative work ethic, close attention to detail, some flexibility in work hours and weekend hours periodically. The Assistant reports to the Executive Assistant to the President and must maintain confidentiality appropriate to the Office of the President and the Board of Trustees.
Office of the President
1. Handles routine office operations, including but not limited to the physical environment of the office, screening telephone calls, handling office mail, greeting visitors, etc.
2. Assists in the planning and execution of President’s Office meetings and events.
3. Oversee and support the office Zoom account and office email accounts and electronic calendars.
Board of Trustees
1. Serve as the primary administrative contact for the Board of Trustees.
2. Manage Board of Trustees Board and Committee meetings, including scheduling, agendas, logistics, communications, technology, and event execution.
3. Oversee and support the Board Zoom account, Qualtrix suvey platform and the Govenda Board of Trustee portal.
4. Assists vice president committee liaisons and their executive assistants with the preparation and uploading of the pre- and post-meeting materials to the Board portal.
5. Maintains the official records of meeting minutes for Board and committee meetings.
6. Maintains Trustee database, ensures such information is accurately reported on the Board portal and Raiser’s Edge.
7. Knowledge of the Board of Trustees Constitution and Bylaws and process and procedures.
1. Motivated self-starter and flexible team player who works well in a small office environment.
Elmhurst University is where you will find a supportive learning community, wonderful opportunities and a place to belong. Want to join a supportive team, with great growth potential and exceptional benefits? Then apply for our Assistant to the Office of the President and Board of Trustees.