IEEE, the world’s largest professional organization advancing technology for the benefit of humanity, has a challenging opportunity for an experienced professional to facilitate the program and operational activities of the IEEE Annual Election and related projects/programs to ensure timely and accurate elections.
In this role, you’ll collaborate with the Elections Program Manager to plan, implement, test and monitor campaign messaging and election ballot package while also contributing to the development of campaigning and elections. This involves working closely with professional staff, volunteers and vendors.
You will also assist the Tellers Committee and the Election Oversight Committeeas well as provide operational support for governance-related activities and projects as needed. You will also be a valued participant in the identification and facilitation of ways to improve IEEE.
* Bachelor’s or equivalent experience inCommunications or Business Administration
* 2 – 4 years of operations and program management experience
* Customer support experience preferred
* Ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential matters in a professional manner
* Understanding of financial activities in relation to budget and financial forecasts
* Comfortable working with all levels of the organization from volunteers/committees to senior management
* Demonstrated ambition to develop unique solutions to business challenges
*Proficiency working with various softwareincluding MS Office and Google apps; knowledge of SmartSheet, Tablea and BroadEffect a plus
* Excellent organizational skills
* Ability to effectively work on several projects with varying deadlines
* Ability to travel domesticallyand internationally 2 – 3 times per year
View the full job description and submit your resume at:
For information on work demands and conditions required for this position, please consult the reference document, “Physical, Mental, and Work Environment Standards for IEEE Positions.”This position is classified under [Category I—Office Position].
IEEE is an EEO/AAP Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Disclaimer: This job description outlines the general nature and key features performed by various positions that share the same job classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons.
Visit www.ieee.org to view details about open positions in one of our four offices: Los Alamitos, CA; New York City; Piscataway, NJ; & Washington, DC.
The IEEE is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
The IEEE (Eye-triple-E) is a non-profit, technical professional association of more than 377,000 individual members in 150 countries. The full name is the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc., although the organization is most popularly known and referred
to by the letters I-E-E-E