Base salary is $115,000-$125,000 commensurate with experience. ASC offers full-time employees a competitive benefits package that includes health insurance coverage, 401(k) program and employer match, vacation and sick leave, and professional development opportunities among others.
Telecommuting is allowed.
The Adhesive and Sealant Council, Inc., is a national non-profit trade association that represents the leading companies in the adhesive and sealant value chain in North America. Our mission is to deliver career education, innovation collaboration, community knowledge sharing and a unified industry voice. Together, we accelerate the adoption of adhesives and sealants to strengthen our member businesses.
This is a high visibility position whose mission is to grow ASC’s membership and enhance member programs and services that increase our value proposition. The position is responsible for seven key areas of the Council:
1) Developing a portfolio of services that meet the needs and interests of ASC’s membership. The Director is responsible for working with other organizations, developing new services, refining current programs and measuring results.
2) Building relationships and making frequent contact with members to improve their awareness of, and participation in, the association. The Director is expected to make scheduled member/prospect site visits, initiate phone calls/virtual meetings with prospects and members and have oversight on the Membership Committee efforts.
3) Overseeing an effective new member recruitment and orientation program and overseeing/managing the member renewal process, including identification of past due/delinquent members.
4) Initiating the development and analysis of member surveys and communications.
5) Assisting the President with convention and annual leadership conference programming and event management as needed.
6) Ensuring short-term and long-term objectives for membership and industry outreach programs are being met.
7) Lead ASC’s Grow the Industry Program efforts and measure efforts and impact.
Develop and execute strategies to attain membership and industry program goals, including comprehensive plans to facilitate achievement by planning cost-effective operations and market development activities. Strong emphasis is applied to growing ASC’s membership, especially among adhesive and sealant manufacturers.
Work with the President to analyze opportunities for programmatic enhancement and offer solutions to increase member satisfaction.
Establish direct and indirect contact with members and develop techniques to encourage greater participation in ASC. Maintain regular communications to members through a variety of channels.
Conceive and develop new member programs and services for ASC. Refine existing services as needed. Includes budgeting expenses, promoting ASC continuously, and evaluating the effectiveness of programs.
Develop and manage initiatives aimed at educating end-users on the benefits of adhesives. This includes managing content development for the adhesives.org website, integrating Grow the Industry efforts with educational content, leading the Retail Task Force, and organizing events where members communicate to end-users.
Develop and maintain a network of contacts in the industry, and beyond, to generate new ideas, build relationships, and develop collaboration that benefits the association. Work with other associations and organizations to build cooperation.
Supervise the Membership & Database Senior Project Manager.
Work with the President to identify tools or proposed approaches that minimize or mitigate the impact of M & A on ASC’s dues structure.
Lead an active and effective recruitment program and member engagement program. Solicit membership from prospects with close coordination with the Membership Committee. Use creative approaches to demonstrate the value of ASC membership and build relationships with company personnel.
Oversee/supervise the member renewal process with Membership & Database Senior Project Manager including identification of past due/delinquent members.
Develop and maintain surveys that may result in “market sensing”. Survey topics include, but are not limited to, member satisfaction/value, post-meeting and trends in the industry and providing primary analysis of results.
Initiate the development of and manage new and existing ASC market reports, publications, programs and tools that diagnose the market landscape, including the sales of all reports and publications.
Qualifications / Requirements
10+ years’ experience at a non-profit association or relevant industry experience.
Experience working closely with members/customers to identify and develop new programs/services.
Strong planning, program development & management, facilitation, and organization skills.
A high level of initiative, creativity, excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal and presentation skills, and a strong customer service orientation.
A proven track record of building and maintaining relationships is essential, as is a proven ability to work in a team environment.
Experience growing streams of non-dues revenue through new and existing programs and services.
Ability to think conceptually, creatively and with strong sound judgment.
Experience managing staff and program budgets.
A desire for travel.
Possess an understanding of the chemical value chain and market dynamics.