The Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD) is looking for a high-performing education coordinator with superior customer service experience preferably for an association. The education coordinator will coordinate the implementation of AASLD's abstract submission and review processes, and conflict of interest (COI) process for abstract submitters, reviewers, and scientific session moderators for AASLD's premier annual meeting. The Liver Meeting® (TLM) and Digestive Disease Week® (DDW). The incumbent will also provide administrative support for related educational activities, including speaker management and online education activities. The ideal candidate will be detailed-oriented, thrive in a high-paced environment, and have the ability to successfully multi-task.
• Collaborate with staff in the management of the abstract submission, review, and selection processes for Digestive Disease Week® (DDW) and The Liver Meeting®(TLM)
• Serve as the primary staff contact for customer service questions and processes for abstract reviewers and abstract submitters
• Maintain abstract review timelines
• Prepare and maintain the abstract submission, review, session builder databases for TLM and DDW • Produce and maintain the abstract disclosure databases to ensure all abstract authors, moderators and reviewers provide disclosure information
• Create, update, send, and maintain all notification/invitation correspondence for oral abstract presentations, posters, rejected abstracts and abstract session moderators
• Coordinate poster printing and ePoster processes for TLM
• Collaborate with other departments (such as Marketing/Communications, IT, and Publications) and prepare materials as appropriate to coordinate the proper dissemination of abstract-related information, including but not limited to the AASLD Journal supplement
• Coordinate other abstract related tasks as appropriate • Maintain abstract related reporting information, updating key historical tracking files, and ensuring that platform reports provide information that is needed
Speaker Support (TLM and DDW)
• Assist in syllabus production • Process speaker reimbursements
• Coordinate DDW speakers including the maintenance of speaker databases, session building, correspondence, honoraria/reimbursement, and disclosures
• Assist in the preparation and maintenance of a current database of all speakers
• Manage the conflict of interest (COI) collection and review process for abstract presenters (as determined by the Scientific Program Committee) and abstract reviewers for TLM and DDW
• Assist the department with continuing education requests
• Assemble necessary activity files post-meeting to demonstrate compliance with continuing education criteria in preparation for future audit
• Ensure accurate collection and documentation of recipients of education credits for AASLD activities
• Assist in creating and editing products/courses in the AASLD online learning platform
• Prepare registration and progress reports for products/courses • Assist in the importing, auditing, and managing of user information as necessary
• Assist with faculty management to include distributing correspondence and collecting faculty paperwork
• Participate in Committee meetings and assist with completion of tasks as required
• Assist the Education Department in other roles as needed
• Travel as required
• Attend professional association meetings as appropriate
• Stay up to date on requirements for accredited medical education providers
• Additional duties as assigned
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in the relevant area, or other related field equivalent work experience. Some positions may only require an Associate’s degree/technical diploma, or other related field equivalent work experience.
The job requires 1-3 years of experience in a similar role.
Requires knowledge of AASLD policies, and practices, and procedures.
Skills Needed in Position
Excellent written and verbal communication and proofing skills
Exceptional interpersonal skills; customer service attitude; detail-oriented; team player
Ability to meet deadlines, handle multiple tasks and adjust workload to meet shifting priorities
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook), Adobe Acrobat, and web-based services
Overall comfort and with technology and working in and learning different platforms
Communication skills: Skill in clearly and effectively communicating ideas verbally and in writing, including the ability to edit the writing of others. Commitment to keeping stakeholders informed.
Planning and organizing skills: Skill in determining priorities, developing plans to assure the achievement of objectives, and allocating time and resources effectively.
Customer service skills: Skill in providing the highest quality products and services that meet or exceed the needs and requirements of internal and external customers.
Interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence: Skill in building and maintaining effective interpersonal and team relationships with a diverse network of colleagues inside and outside the organization, and with other relevant individuals with whom the organization works (members, the media, other organizations, funders etc.)
To apply, submit your cover letter, salary requirements, and resume to email@example.com.