The American Psychiatric Association’s (APA) Accreditation and Compliance Department provides continuing education credit for mental health professionals (psychiatrists, psychologists, and social workers) through the Division of Education’s vast educational portfolio. APA is accredited by ACCME, CESA, and ACE.
The Program Manager, Accreditation and Compliance, is APA’s primary liaison to internal and external stakeholders and is responsible for directing accreditation processes for APA’s federal grant portfolio: SPRC, MSM, ORN, PCSS, and SMI Adviser ensuring accredited activities meet appropriate standards. The Program Manager also supports APA’s Council on Medical Education and Lifelong Learning (CMELL). This position reports to the Director, Accreditation and Compliance. The Program Manager is expected to continually assess and improve accreditation programs to meet the needs of APA’s audiences and standards of respective accreditation programs.
This individual will conduct and manage accreditation reviews; monitor and update program process and decision statuses and make referrals for action to the Director, Accreditation and Compliance; develop review, and edit correspondence to internal stakeholders regarding accreditation reviews; write, monitor, and update Standard Operating Procedures related to the Accreditation and Compliance Department. The Program Manager, Accreditation and Compliance, will work with teams across the Division and the Association to ensure accredited education processes are followed and standards are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain ACCME accreditation status and serve as APA’s primary accreditation liaison for APA’s internal and external stakeholders.
• Maintain APA’s compliance with state, federal, and other national standards and requirements that influence accredited education.
• Maintain documentation of policies, procedures, and timelines for accredited education activities.
• Serve as the primary staff liaison to the Division of Education’s business units: Online Learning, Office of Scientific Programs, and SMI Adviser to guide accredited education strategy.
• Manage processes, timelines, and support the Director managing accreditation bodies (ACCME, CESA, ACE, Maintenance of Certification, and AMA Policies).
• Manage processes and timelines for the Council of Medical Education and Lifelong Learning (CMELL).
• Assess feedback from educational activities, surveys, and other forms of needs assessments to make recommendations for future activities.
• Work closely with the Division of Education team to grow APA’s portfolio of accredited education.
• Work closely with the Director, Accreditation and Compliance, to ensure evolving accreditation standards are met and develop strategies to support the needs across educational portfolio.
• Occasionally, travel to and attend meetings to support onsite logistics for APA’s Annual Meeting.
• Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS
6+ years' experience in a professional or trade association focused on maintaining accreditation and/or credentialing programs or equivalent.
Experience working in cross-functional teams with an ability to build consensus among multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
Committee management and supervisory experience are required.
Strong program and project management, interpersonal, and delegation skills are required.
Experience with ACCME accreditation processes is required.
Knowledge of and experience with general CE/CME processes is required.
Demonstrated ability to extract and present detailed data in different formats is required.
Experience managing certification programs is highly desired.
Experience building and maintaining accredited activities in a Learning Management System is highly desired.
American Psychiatric Association (APA) is the world's largest psychiatric organization, with over 38,500 U.S. and international member physicians and 240 employees. Its vision is a society that has available, accessible quality psychiatric diagnosis and treatment. APA has excellent benefits, including medical, dental, 401k, flexible spending accounts, and tuition assistance. The APA is located in Washington, D.C. within walking distance of the L'Enfant Plaza Metro stop.