Education and Training, Hospitality, Travel, Tourism, Meetings/Expositions/Events
4 Year Degree
This is a new position and the opportunity for you to make your mark in the association community! We are seeking a high-energy team player. Must be curious with good critical thinking skills and a sense of humor. Can you thrive in a fast-paced environment while delivering excellent customer service? If so, send us a cover letter and your resume with salary requirements.
The program/event manager will coordinate ARVC efforts to help members meet their professional development goals. In collaboration with the Senior Director of Education, plan, develop, implement, and evaluate programs and activities related to continuous professional development. Be skilled in project management, with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Attention to detail, team player, outstanding customer service, strong interpersonal skills. The point person for the professional development programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• As a member of the ARVC education and events team, support the development and administration of educational programs for in-person and e-learning programs
• Assists with speaker relationships, contracts, presentation coordination for webinar and in-person events, updates and proofreads speaker-related forms and documents
• Coordinate webinar and face-to-face seminars, schedule, and topics
• Support on-demand virtual learning, including certification programs in LMS
• Format video for use as SCORMS in LMS
• Create quizzes, surveys, and certificates for course offerings
• Assists in writing promotional content for member marketing communications on educational offerings
• Manages the implementation of association webinars and LMS, including overseeing the technology to deploy the webinars and online learning and staff training
• Assists in developing and implementing online courses
• Serves as day-to-day liaison between subject matter experts (content developers) and Learning Management System (LMS) providers for our online courses, webinars, webinar archives, and contracted deliverables.
• Manages learner profiles and records in the LMS database.
• Supports all functions of the LMS, including but not limited to: backend set up, reports, customer support for e-learning users/members of the association, training, launching content, and understanding basic functionality
• Assists in growing educational offerings
• Responds to inquiries regarding professional development issues
• Works closely with the membership team to ensure a seamless user experience in the online learning center
• Assists with meeting planning and logistics for annual conference and trade show in addition to in-person educational offerings
• Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Excellent customer service orientation and interpersonal skills for effective interaction with members, Executive Directors, managers, employees, and suppliers is essential.
• Demonstrated listening, verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to complete assignments, meet deadlines and work independently in a team
• Technical competencies LMS (Blue Sky) or similar
• Adobe editing suite
• Zoom webinar platform
• Project management software, AMS, SCORM, Articulate a plus but willing to train a tech savvy person who is detail oriented and willing to learn environment.
• Ability to exercise good judgment, sound reasoning skills and discretion in making independent decisions commensurate with responsibilities.
• Ability to multi-task calmly and effectively in all situations.
• Demonstrate a sense of urgency and a “can do” attitude when provided tasks and assignments from inside and outside the department.
• Maintain a standard of excellent attendance and punctuality.
• Exhibit a high level of initiative.
Verification: The above qualifications and competencies for this position may be verified through a combination of education, experience, interview questions and technical skills exercise(s).
Telecommuting is allowed.
About National Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds
ARVC, a leader in the outdoor hospitality industry, is the only national association dedicated to representing the interests and needs of private RV parks, resorts and campgrounds in North America. We are deeply committed to providing our more than 3,000 members exclusive access to continuing education, networking, business and marketing tools, member-only benefits and discounts, and advocacy at the local, state and national levels. For more information about ARVC, visit our website at www.arvc.org.