The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) serves more than 53,000 members in the U.S. and around the world. With more than 175 talented employees, our organization places tremendous value on the contributions, expertise, and knowledge that each one brings to our table.
Our Schaumburg, Illinois headquarters is home to member support, education, marketing, and operational functions, while colleagues in Washington D.C. advocate on behalf of patients, physician anesthesiologists and the specialty. Thanks to our positive, supportive work environment, ASA has been named one of Chicago's Best & Brightest Companies to Work For® in addition to one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation® for the last four years.
As we continually seek to strengthen the organization, we welcome individuals who are smart, creative, motivated, and agile. If this sounds like you, please consider reaching out!
The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for design and implementation, security, monitoring, troubleshooting, and overall efficient operation of the LAN/WAN, computing and communications infrastructure. Supports all ASA information systems by maintaining the network and communications infrastructure, providing reliable access to all networked computer systems, and ensuring data integrity of all information stored. Works collaboratively with all ASA staff and consultants to support technology needs.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
· Manage Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, and related Windows server services. Responsible for overall security and reliability of required functionality.
· Manage and support Office 365. Assist Systems Administrator and other support staff with setup and maintenance, manage and maintain ATP services and troubleshoot mail delivery issues. Design and implement document storage solutions via Teams/SharePoint and OneDrive as needed.
· Plan, manage, and maintain Azure environment. Includes Azure AD, PaaS services such as Application Services, Azure SQL, application insights, Azure Redis, and includes IaaS.
· Manage and maintain web services infrastructure, including SSL certificates, load balancers, application gateways, and web application firewalls.
· Manage multi-cluster, multi-site VMware environment. Ensure reliability of mission-critical applications and web sites and plan for future needs as the organization evolves and expands.
· Manage and maintain LAN/WAN/SD-WAN environment for organization’s offices and data center facilities, including VPN, remote desktop services, etc. Monitor usage trends and traffic volumes, evaluate methods to improve performance, recommend upgrades in hardware and infrastructure as required. Ensure security of all related hardware/services.
· Server management and maintenance. Perform maintenance tasks and upgrades as needed/required to ensure security, reliability, and to meet continuing needs of the organization. Apply security patches as needed per IT policy. Maintain monitoring systems to guarantee outages are addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
· Firewall and remote access management and maintenance. Assure overall security of the organization’s environment by following best practices for remote access, change management, and vulnerability testing. Perform maintenance tasks on firewall and other security devices as necessary.
· System documentation. Create and maintain documentation for all areas of responsibility. Update documents as needed based on changing environment.
· Manage and maintain data storage systems and devices, including backups and disaster recovery planning. Apply patches and other updates as necessary. Analyze usage, predict future needs, and train users on efficient use of network storage locations.
· Provide level three support for end user computing via a Helpdesk ticketing systems where daily updates and expedited resolution are expected.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
· CISSP, ITIL, or Microsoft certifications a plus.
· Minimum 5 years of experience in the following:
o Direct experience installing and maintaining highly available, redundant network.
o Planning, implementing, and maintaining a network infrastructure including routers, switches, and firewalls.
o Architecting and management of cloud services, preferably Azure.
o Designing, implementing, and maintaining VMware environment.
o Maintaining a Windows server environment.
o Managing MS Exchange, including an Exchange Online hybrid environment.
o Direct experience with Microsoft networking technologies using Active Directory, DNS, DHCP etc.
o Managing and maintaining Office 365 environments, including ATP and related services.
· Experience with security regulations including PCI and HIPAA.
· Experience in planning, implementing, and maintaining network storage for servers, file sharing and database applications.
· Experience supporting remote access technologies like VPN, SSL VPN and other web-based remote access tools.
· Strong working knowledge of network technologies including routing protocols and traffic engineering techniques.
· 3-5 years preferred experience with Azure web services, including experience planning strategy for migration of on-premise services to an Azure environment.
· Working knowledge and experience with industry standard anti-malware/security software such as Sophos, Vipre etc.
· Effective technical documentation skills.
· Effective problem solving and troubleshooting ability required.
· Ability to explain policies and procedures and establish effective working relationships required.
· Good project management skills; ability to organize work, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines required.
· Ability to work with customers to analyze problems and issues and make recommendations for solutions- both short and long-term.
· Understand and appropriately apply existing, new, or emerging technology to business problems and opportunities.
· Ability to assist staff in adapting to changes brought on by new technology and help them see the value and benefits of new technology.
About American Society of Anesthesiologists
The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) is a medical association that serves more than 53,000 members in the U.S. and around the world. We strive to be the world's premier medical society by offering superior educational opportunities and resources to our members, as well as a positive, empowering environment for our employees.
With more than 175 talented, enthusiastic employees, our organization places tremendous value on the contributions, unique expertise, and vast knowledge that every individual brings to our table. Our Schaumburg, Illinois headquarters is home to a variety of member support, education, marketing, and operational functions, while colleagues in Washington D.C. fiercely advocate on behalf of patients, physician anesthesiologists and the specialty as a whole.
Each of us is dedicated to our members and we strive to create an outstanding experience that helps them succeed. This commitment to excellence reaches far beyond our daily tasks—we set high expectations for ourselves, exhibit a strong work ethic and take pride in the results we achieve. Collectively, our desire to keep improving allows us to achieve great things as we seek feedback, pursue know...ledge, and strategize to enhance our organization for the future.
One tangible result of living these values is being named one of Chicago's Best & Brightest Companies to Work For® in addition to one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation® for the last four years. ASA was also awarded the Health Champion designation for two consecutive years by the American Diabetes Association®.
As we continually seek to strengthen the organization, we welcome individuals who are competent, innovative, motivated, and agile. If this sounds like you, please consider reaching out!