The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for planning, posting, and refining social media content for the association, and monitoring and cultivating audience engagement. This person serves as the association's voice across social media platforms as well as an online discussion forum, interacting with members and followers, igniting discussions, and monitoring behavior and topic trends. This position also is responsible for tracking metrics and working to improve engagement, expand reach, and promote the RAPS brand and product portfolio.
- Administer, manage and optimize engagement across RAPS’ online community forum—Regulatory Exchange (RegEx) via Higher Logic—with a focus on cultivating discussion/collaboration among peers, building member value, and maximizing the platform as a channel for driving interest/revenue across our portfolio of products and events
- Nurture and maintain community activity, including seeding conversation, moderation, conflict resolution, and enforcing community code of ethics as appropriate
- Enhance and manage RAPS’ organizational social media strategy to grow audience, increase engagement, and increase RAPS’ brand awareness/preference on platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube
- Cultivate ways to engage social media followers into our RegEx community
- Collaborate with marketing colleagues and internal stakeholders to develop effective and engaging organic social media campaigns to support and drive revenue for RAPS programs and initiatives, including conceiving of ideas, drafting copy, scheduling posts and measuring effectiveness
- Audit all current community channels at the organizational, regional and chapter levels and create best practices for ongoing management and engagement with a focus cultivating distinct personalities/voices within each niche community
- Manage deployment of sponsorship deliverables on RegEx chapter communities
- Support the development and implementation of communications strategies and tactics aimed at driving engagement, lead generation, and revenue growth for the organization; target messaging for segmented audiences and maintain a consistent voice for the organization across all platforms
- Create an editorial calendar to maximize posting opportunities across all channels/platforms, with a special focus on showcasing members around the globe, highlighting RAPS’ product portfolio and capitalizing on special promotions for holidays and/or regulatory milestones
- Track and provide actionable campaign performance reports for RAPS’ social media, online community, and media placements; monitor campaigns and share best practices to improve performance
- Identify community and social media influencers across the regulatory profession and develop ways to magnify their voices and enlist them as brand ambassadors for RAPS
- Stay up to date on current and emerging community engagement and organic social trends and best practices, as well as communications tools and technologies
- Support other organizational communications initiatives as applicable
- 2+ years’ experience as a community and/or social media coordinator with multiple accounts
- 1+ year experience moderating online community or forum
- Experience publishing/scheduling social media content organically and using third-party tools
- Strong understanding of social media platform best practices, voices, and engagement strategies
- Familiarity with AP and Chicago style
- Excellent internal/external communication (written and oral) skills
- Proven skills in project management, content development/management, social engagement, public relations, audience development, and executing integrated cross-channel campaigns
- Strong decision making and analytical competency
- Strong, proactive, solutions-based approach to problem-solving
- Collaborative, multi-tasker with an attention to detail who thrives working in a fast-pasted, dynamic environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and social media; Higher Logic or comparable platform proficiency required
- Familiarity with HTML, Google Analytics, SEO/SEM, UX/UI, email, and website content management systems preferred
About Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society (RAPS)
Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society (RAPS) is the largest global organization of and for those involved with the regulation of healthcare and related products, including medical devices, pharmaceuticals, biologics, and nutritional products. RAPS is headquartered in Rockville, Maryland, with offices in Europe and Asia, and chapters and affiliates worldwide. Founded in 1976, RAPS helped establish the regulatory profession. Today, it continues to actively support the more than 25,000 professionals who are members and customers, and lead the profession as a neutral, non-lobbying nonprofit organization.
RAPS offers education and training, professional standards, publications, research, knowledge sharing, networking, career development opportunities, and other valuable resources, including Regulatory Affairs Certification (RAC). The RAC is the only post-academic professional credential recognizing regulatory knowledge and competence. RAPS has created a professional development framework that defines competencies at various stages of the profession, from new to executive levels.
RAPS has 14 chapters across the United States and Canada; chapters in Switzerland, Israel, and Taiwan...; nine networks internationally (Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Germany, India, Mexico, the Netherlands, Poland, and the United Kingdom), an affiliate in Korea, and administrative offices in Europe, Singapore, and China.