The District of Columbia Building Industry Association (DCBIA) is seeking to hire a dynamic individual to add to our team. The newly created position of Policy Analyst will provide support to the DCBIA Committee Co-Chairs, Agency Working Group (AWG) leads, members of the Board of Directors and others to include the CEO and Senior Advisor. In addition, this position is responsible for compiling content for DCBIA policy and educational programs.
Position Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Elevate, strengthen and support DCBIA’s Committee Co-Chairs and Agency Working Group (AWG) leads;
• Coordinate and collaborate with DCBIA’s legislative counsel and Senior Policy Advisor; and CEO
• Meet regularly with members, stakeholders and others to understand DCBIA’s voice and advocate on behalf of all its members and the industry;
• Staff the Committee Co-Chairs and DC Agency Working Groups;
• Brief DCBIA staff on policy and Committee matters as requested;
• Maintain calendar of Committee and AWG meetings and support Co-Chairs with logistics and policy recommendations;
• Track deliverables and take notes and minutes;
• Prepare agendas for DCBIA Committees and AWGs in advance of the meeting and confirm meeting room and other logistics with support staff;
• Suggest program and educational content for DCBIA and/or Committees;
• Prepare programming run of show and create/compile presentations as required;
• Prepare draft remarks, briefs, talking points, press preparation and/or other materials for CEO, Board members and/or Committee Co-Chairs or staff as requested;
• Advocate persuasively on behalf of DCBIA when meeting with elected officials and staff, local, state and federal agencies, the business community, public constituencies, and other stakeholders;
• Track relevant District of Columbia and Federal government legislation and policy issues;
• Identify and report on local, national, and international research and case studies to support and advocate for DCBIA’s positions proactively;
• Identify and suggest effective advocacy tools;
• Design survey, collect data, and use market research to communicate and support DCBIA positions;
• Maintain confidentiality of information and ensure accuracy of all data; and
• Ability to speak to large and small groups alike.
• Well informed researcher and a quick study.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to demonstrate flexibility in the role for this newly created position.
• Deep understanding of DC government operations and legislative matters that impact the real estate development industry.
• Master’s degree or comparable educational background.
• A minimum of 7 years of policy and/or research experience in a public or private real estate or economic development-related business organization.
About District of Columbia Building Industry Association
DCBIA is the premier non-profit trade association representing the real estate development industry in the District of Columbia.
Developers • General Contractors • Builders • Insurance • Architects • Public Relations Advertising • Interior Designers • Appraisers • Property / Asset Managers • Attorneys • Suppliers • Financial Institutions • Telecommunications • Engineers • Title Companies • Certified Public Accountants • Utility Companies • Commercial Brokers • Business Improvement Districts