Under the general supervision of the vice president of member services, this position develops, directs and executes duties to support the ATSSA member engagement initiatives to include setting 3-5 year strategic goals; member recruitment and retention objectives; oversees our chapter network; assumes responsibility for projects and special assignments; supervises department staff to ensure proper use of resources and execution of projects; staffs committees and serves in various staff roles at ATSSA’s Annual Convention & Traffic Expo and Midyear meetings; prepares department budget; serves as a member of the Leadership Team and serves as a culture leader within the association.
· Develops, directs and executes the strategic and operational plans for all member engagement-related activities;
· With department staff, develops, directs and executes ATSSA’s membership recruitment and retention plan;
· Develops and analyzes appropriate membership metrics and surveys to ensure membership satisfaction, growth and retention;
· Supervises department staff; ensures timely communication and execution of projects and programs;
· Attends and staffs ATSSA events; attends industry events on behalf of ATSSA to promote membership benefits and other relevant programs;
· Staffs internal and external committees; serves as a committee liaison and provides direction and support to assigned committees;
· Oversees chapter network, determines chapter needs, and ensures a consistent level of service for all chapters;
· Develops presentations and reports to demonstrate membership ROI; meets with members annually to discuss the member experience and their involvement in the association and their member experience;
· Works with other departments to ensure maximum visibility of membership programs and benefits;
· Develops departmental budget(s); presents to the Budget Committee; supervises adherence to approved allocated funds; manages departmental budget to achieve targeted revenue and bottom line; develops and implements appropriate methodologies to provide prompt and accurate forecasts regarding departmental budget;
· Serves as a member of the Leadership Team and acts as a culture leader within the association;
· Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience – A bachelor’s degree and at minimum eight years of association membership experience at the director level, however substantial industry experience may be considered; proven experience growing membership within a trade association; proven experience engaging and cultivating members to increase their involvement; experience managing a team to meet deadlines and cultivate a positive culture; experience successfully developing a budget and meeting revenue targets.
Skills and Knowledge – Well organized; detail-oriented; strong project management skills; able work across organizations to cultivate involvement and engagement; able to adapt to changing priorities under pressure; computer literate with a strong focus on MS Office and office 365; experience working in a membership-data driven database; strong supervisory and management skills; strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills; the ability to analyze data to impact change; strong presentation and networking skills.
Preferred Skills - Industry experience and sales experience are preferred.
Licenses – Valid motor vehicle operator’s license and the willingness/ability to use personal vehicle during the course of employment.
The American Traffic Safety Services Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
About American Traffic Safety Services Association
The American Traffic Safety Services Association, an international trade association, is located in Fredericksburg, Va. Since 1969, ATSSA has represented companies and individuals in the traffic control and roadway safety industry. Over 1,600 ATSSA members provide the majority of features, services and devices used to make our nation's roadways safer. These include pavement markings, road signs, work zone traffic control devices, guardrail, and other roadside safety features.