This position is responsible for managing a portfolio of externally-funded, fee-based, and organization-sponsored projects, and reports to the Director of Education and Career Development department. In performance of their responsibilities, the Senior Project Manager works with external stakeholders and team members across the organization to initiate, plan, and execute projects spanning areas such as innovation and entrepreneurship, academic/faculty development, and diversity and inclusion.
This is a multi-faceted role that requires experience in project management, event planning, communications and content marketing. The Education and Career Development Department utilizes a model of flexible and capacity; the Senior Project Manager may be requested to lead or contribute to other efforts including, but not limited to: proposal development, dissemination activities, and strategic organizational activities.
Duties / Responsibilities:
• Manages all aspects of multiple projects to ensure the overall portfolio is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives
• Develops and manages all aspects of project engagement from planning, stakeholder relationships, communications, resources, budget, change, risks and compliance
• Procures adequate resources to ensure that projects are proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget and quality standards
• Delegates tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
• Defines and reports on project success criteria, results, and metrics
• Ensures timely production of project deliverables including but not limited to: face-to-face and online events (conferences and workshops), project evaluation and reports, websites, and manuals
• Develops and delivers progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences, including project team, sponsors, and key stakeholders
• Oversees project close-out, including measuring customer feedback, updating documentation, and financial reporting
Communications and Marketing
• Supports project dissemination efforts, including maintaining web presence, and writing scholarly publications
• Develops multichannel marketing plans to promote departmental projects and activities, including creating content for social media, direct email campaigns, newsletters, and blogs
• Coordinates cross-departmental efforts to execute marketing campaigns
Administrative and Miscellaneous
• Researches best practices within and outside the organization to establish benchmark data and use continuous process improvement to achieve results
• Establishes practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to advance capabilities for the organization
• Continues professional development in order to keep abreast of emerging technologies, methods and best practices
• Performs other work related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position
Education / Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree. Master’s degree in education, public policy or related fields is a plus.
5+ years of project management experience, successfully leading projects and programs to on-time, on-schedule and within budget close.
Experience in a non-profit setting and/or member association is a plus.
Skills and Competencies:
Proven success in providing leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple units
Flexible with proven ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving abilities
Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Experience drafting and submitting budget proposals
Experience negotiating vendor contracts
Strong verbal and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface with partners in academia, government and industry
Excellent content writing ability, creativity, and attention to detail; outstanding formatting, proofing and editing skills
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and contribute to a positive and inclusive work environment
Proficient with various software programs, including but not limited to MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and project management tools (SmartSheet
About American Society for Engineering Education
Founded in 1893, the American Society for Engineering Education is a nonprofit organization of individuals and institutions committed to furthering education in engineering and engineering technology. It accomplishes this mission bypromoting excellence in instruction, research, public service, and practice;exercising worldwide leadership;fostering the technological education of society; andproviding quality products and services to members.In pursuit of academic excellence, ASEE develops policies and programs that enhance professional opportunities for engineering faculty members, and promotes activities that support increased student enrollments in engineering and engineering technology colleges and universities. Strong communication and collaboration with national and international organizations further advances ASEE's mission.ASEE also fulfills its mission by providing a valuable communication link among corporations, government agencies, and educational institutions. ASEE's 12,000+ members include deans, department heads, faculty members, students, and government and industry representatives who hail from all disciplines of engineering and engineering technology. ASEE’s organiz...ational membership is composed of 400 engineering and engineering technology colleges and affiliates, more than 50 corporations, and numerous government agencies and professional associations. ASEE directs many of its efforts at providing for open and ongoing dialogues among these groups.