The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) is seeking a Meeting Planner to work in our Education and Corporate Development Department.
Responsible for planning arrangements for meetings as assigned including but not limited to Annual Scientific Meeting, Board of Directors and Committee Meetings, various Educational Symposia, Headquarter Hotel Operations Management, as well as VIP events and Affiliate and Social Functions during the Annual Scientific Meeting.
- Research possible meeting sites based upon current criteria for site selection. Evaluate appropriateness, quality and feasibility of utilization of meeting venues based upon objectives that are established jointly with the program chair(s) and program coordinator. Evaluate performance of utilized meeting sites.
- Conduct contract negotiations with hotels and other service vendors as required and evaluate liability to the association through cancellation penalties, attrition clauses and other potential liabilities to the association.
- Develop budget jointly with the project leader.
- Provide a complete and concise copy for registration materials and assist in marketing plans.
- Ensure accurate billing from meeting service providers and resolve financial disputes.
- Prepare detailed meeting specifications and communicate needs to meeting service providers.
- Manage all logistics related to the meeting, including but not limited to: setting up meeting in Association membership database, creating meeting specifications, including catering and audiovisual, coordinating signage, badges, housing and shipping.
- Develop timely and accurate communication with key stakeholders to include staff liaison, program chair(s), speakers, attendees and program coordinators.
- Provide key management and coordination for all aspects of Headquarter Hotel, both prior to the meeting and onsite.
- Assist the Senior Manager of Meetings and VP of Administration, Finance, IT and Meetings with the pre-planning and onsite coordination of special events during the Annual Scientific Meeting, including, but not limited to: site selection, food & beverage, décor, entertainment and transportation.
- Manage Board and VIP requirements, including distribution of invitations and track the responses, housing, transportation, gifts and amenities.
- Participate in one to two site visits per year for the current year's annual scientific meeting.
- Reconcile billing for all areas of responsibility, including but not limited to: headquarter hotel, signage, special events, entertainment, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) is the largest plastic surgery specialty organization in the world. Founded in 1931, the Society is comprised of more than 7,000 physician members and represents more than 94 percent of all board-certified plastic surgeons in the United States. ASPS' mission is to advance quality care to plastic surgery patients by encouraging high standards of training, ethics, physician practice and research in plastic surgery.
ASPS is conveniently located in Northwest Suburban Chicago (in Arlington Heights), close to O'Hare Airport and just off the Northwest Tollway (Arlington Hts Road Exit).