If it impacts technology, IEEE has it covered. We publish technical journals, organize conferences and develop technology standards that help technological professionals exchange ideas, expand their knowledge, and move forward in their fields. With more than 400,000 members, IEEE is the world’s largest professional association advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. We are a catalyst for exciting breakthroughs in computing, sustainable energy systems, aerospace, communications, robotics, healthcare, and many other disciplines that improve the quality of life. Discover your future as part of the IEEE team. Consider the following opportunity:
Board Administrator, Member & Geographic Activities
Piscataway, New Jersey
Apply now at: https://ieee.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=BOA0000011A
The successful applicant will provide operational and governance support to the Member and Geographic Activities (MGA) Board and its related committees. Primary responsibilities include the efficient handling of MGA Board meetings, including agendas, correspondence, issue resolution, and follow up closure on action items. In addition, the you will have full responsibility for the management and execution of the processes in support of the MGA Nominations and Appointments Committee, MGA Awards and Recognition Committee, and MGA Operations Committee. In this position, discretion is critical, particularly in the handling of handle sensitive information.
Reporting to the Director, Geographic Activities, you will also provide support to the Managing Director and MGA Vice President.
MGA Board and MGA Operations Committee Administration and Support:
- Manage production scheduling for all aspects of both the MGA Board and MGA Operations Committee, including all face to face and telecom meetings.
- Capture key issues, conclusions and action items for recording as part of the published minutes.
- Perform all logistical planning details and support requests made by members of the MGA Board and MGA Operations Committee.
- Follow progress of action items and inquire on status to ensure readiness in advance of MGA board meetings.
- Clarify actions on topics under discussion.
- Review, edit and write consent agenda items for inclusion on MGA Board agendas. MGA Nominations and Appointment (N&A) Committee Administration and Support:
- Manage / execute all activities related to the setup, communication, planning and organization of materials related to the MGA N&A Committee.
- Promote N&A process to encourage submissions for nominations.
- Collect, track and coordinate sharing of over 300 submissions annually with committee members.
- Ensure committee members have access to information in an efficient manner and provide follow up on questions they may have. MGA Awards and Recognition Committee (ARC) Administration and Support:
- Manage / execute all activities related to the setup, communication, planning and organization of materials related to the MGA ARC Committee.
- Promote award nominations in a twice annual cycle and follow up with submitters as necessary.
- Collect, track and organize over 80 Award submissions and coordinates all information to easily allow committee members to review and designate awardees.
- Identify improvement opportunities to the awards process.
Other MGA Responsibilities and Support:
- Perform in a support role to MGA and its staff which includes representing MGA interests as the MGA designated member of the Board Administers Team, being the website owner for MGA geographic unit team pages plus one of four MGA Web contributors across all areas of MGA.
- Create presentations and deliver to volunteers on associated processes, develop and deliver training to staff members on online.
- Develop and distribute monthly MGA communications to over 3,000 volunteers and staff.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Communications is preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years of related work experience. A background with a professional society, organization or related industry is preferred.
Skills & Other Requirements:
- Experience working with diverse, global community.
- Experience in operations, people management, and communications.
- Process or project management experience is desired.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities and strong presentation skills.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and professional interpersonal/communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated diplomacy and resourcefulness.
- Must have the ability to commit to travel as many as nine weekends per year.
- Ability to prioritize based on deadlines and overall importance of projects.
- Strong ethical standards and good judgment.
- Must adhere to confidentiality requirements and appropriately handle sensitive information.
- Must be technologically savvy and be willing to explore alternative technical solutions; proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat Pro; web content management system knowledge a plus.
Join us in an environment where people look forward to coming to work! IEEE offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, 401(k) plan with company match, a defined contribution retirement plan, a tuition reimbursement program, flexible spending accounts, company paid life insurance, and a business casual dress code.
Please apply online by going to this URL: https://ieee.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=BOA0000011A
Only those resumes that go through the URL from the web address will be considered. NO THIRD PARTIES PLEASE.
For information on work demands and conditions required for this position, please consult the reference document, “Physical, Mental, and Work Environment Standards for IEEE Positions.” This position is classified under [Category I—Office Position].
IEEE is an EEO/AAP Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Disclaimer: This job description outlines the general nature and key features performed by various positions that share the same job classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons.
Visit www.ieee.org to view details about open positions in one of our four offices: Los Alamitos, CA; New York City; Piscataway, NJ; & Washington, DC.
The IEEE is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.