Who We Are
We are a nonprofit organization located in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. Our work centers on health, education, and professional development. We are a small, friendly office that is driven by our mission. We offer work/life balance with a 37.5-hour work week, plus benefits (health insurance, flexible benefits reimbursement, professional development assistance, generous vacation/PTO, 401(k) matching and more).
Who You Are
We are looking for a motivated and conscientious communications coordinator. This position is responsible for assisting with the development and execution of communications, social media, public relations, branding and strategy.
In this role, you will:
- Develop key communication pieces, including email campaigns, marketing collateral, newsletter articles, presentations, press releases, and more
- Assist with social media activities by drafting blog posts, developing social media calendars and content, monitoring and responding to social media queries, and providing input on social media strategy
- Support the organization’s brand initiatives by ensuring materials are accurate and adhere to brand standards, writing in the appropriate tone and style for the audience, providing input on design and visual elements
- Provide input on the Marketing & Communications Department’s overall strategy, including assisting in drafting and executing project plans for targeted campaigns, make recommendations for continuous improvement, share suggestions on the overall themes and content of materials, and complete special projects as needed
- Work performed in an office environment
- Required to sit for long periods of time
- Infrequent light physical effort required