Manager, Volunteer Engagement and Governance
The Board of Directors and volunteers are vital members of any association. We are looking for a talented professional with extraordinary people skills and a positive attitude. Do you have a high capacity to manage multiple projects, while still being able to focus on the details? You must be able to strike the right balance of independence and collaboration. You can’t be afraid of technology or change. Most of all, are you ready to help us as we grow the association and enhance our programs?
The Illinois CPA Society (ICPAS) is a professional membership organization dedicated to enhancing the value of the CPA profession. Founded in 1903, ICPAS is one of the largest state CPA societies in the nation. We represent Illinois CPAs in public accounting and consulting, corporate accounting and finance, government and not-for-profit organizations as well as three affiliate member groups: students, educators and related finance professionals. Visit our website at icpas.org.
Primary Purpose: This position is responsible for managing a variety of meetings, projects, and relationships related to the Illinois CPA Society’s Board of Directors and other volunteers. This position manages the association’s membership awards program.
Manage the Society’s Board of Directors and Board Committees
• Serve as main liaison for regular communications with the Board
• Schedule Board meetings, track attendance, manage logistics, prepare agendas and supporting materials, and write minutes.
• Manage Board training and assessment process
• Assist with the following Board subcommittee activities: Executive Committee, Audit Committee, Finance Committee, and Strategic Planning Committee
• Coordinate an annual Board press release, roster, committee assignments, Director profiles, and important dates calendar
• Maintain official documents of the Board related to meetings and governance
• Assist with the Society’s Board Nominating Process
Manage the Society’s Committee Structure & Volunteerism Process
• Manage the annual committee appointment process, which includes working closely with the staff liaisons to all volunteer groups, implementing a volunteer recruitment campaign, database entry and reporting, and communicating position appointments
• Plan and implement an annual program to engage and train the volunteer leaders
• Assist with the Task Force that oversee the Society’s committee structure and volunteerism activities. Schedule meetings, prepare agendas and supporting materials, and prepare an annual report from the committee to the Board
• Manage annual volunteer leader and volunteer satisfaction surveys
Serve as the primary staff representative for the Society’s Awards Committee and its Lifetime Achievement Award Task Force
• Manage the award selection process, which includes marketing the awards, managing the application and selection process, and communicating with potential awardees
• Schedule meetings, prepare agendas and supporting materials, lead Award Committee meetings, and prepare an annual report of awardees to the Board
Event planning for multiple annual events at our offices and outside venues for multiple groups such as the Board, Board alumni, volunteers, and award winners. Manage invitations and guest communications, assist with theme, presentation, logistics and necessary gifts, awards, etc.
Why work for ICPAS?
We offer an excellent benefits package at a reasonable cost, or sometimes free, to all qualified employees. Available options are: health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, short and long term disability insurance, life insurance at three times the employees’ yearly compensation, additional options for disability plans, tax-free options for commuting and parking costs, flex spending accounts for medical or dependent care, voluntary life insurance, long term care insurance, and a 401(k) plan with company contribution. Employees enjoy paid vacation, paid sick days, 13 paid holidays, casual dress code, and half day Fridays during the summer. Our office is located close to Union Station in Chicago. This position will be scheduled to work for 35 hours a week, which is considered full time.
No phone calls please. Recruiters not welcome at this time.
Please apply through this link.