The Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) is a private, non-profit organization formed in 1979. We are the leader in developing standards to advance and promote patient safety, quality care, and value for ambulatory health care through peer-based accreditation processes, education, and research. A certificate of accreditation is awarded to organizations that are found to be in compliance with AAAHC Standards.
We are currently seeking a Director of Finance for our Skokie, IL office. The Director of Finance will work with staff in budgeting, financial monitoring, expense reduction, shared services and reporting of all financial activities of the AAAHC and its subsidiaries. This position primarily directs the fiscal functions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). The Director will ensure the performance and achievement of short and long-range goals for the Finance Department and coach management staff to ensure that annual budgets are linked to organizational objectives. This role also serves as a staff liaison to the Audit and Finance Committee of the Board of Directors and the Board Treasurer.
- Oversees management of accounting operations, including all financial accounting and reporting, compliance with accounting standards, accounts payable and receivable functions, cash management, taxation issues and tax returns, preparation for required audits, and interface with external auditors
- Oversees department policies and procedures, budget preparation and reporting (including government contracts), external audit activities, and planning and forecasting
- Develops financial reports, internal controls and ensures accuracy and transparency of financial reports to all stakeholder groups
- Prepares and presents financial information to various constituencies, including the Audit and Finance Committee, Executive Committee, Board of Trustees and Board Treasurer
- Works with the Chief Operating Officer to ensure prudent management of the investment assets through the operation of the Investment Committee and its investment consultant
- Direct all bank, investment banking, and liquidity, credit line, cash management, credit cards and purchasing card arrangements.
- Mentor, develop and manage direct reports through ongoing coaching, training and evaluation.
- Stay up to date on non-profit best practices and federal and state laws regarding non-profit financial operations