The Senior Accountant for Revenue and Receivables will support the organization's integration between the Serenic Navigator general ledger and the Aptify database and other subsystems by preparing reconciliation schedules and analyzing revenue and receivables data including that related to the Quality programs. The position will also prepare accrual, reconciliation and allocation schedules for royalty, commission, exhibit, and registration income.
This exempt position will report to the Accounts Receivable Manager in the Division of Finance & Facilities.
• Reconcile deferred revenue and accounts receivable accounts monthly by date due. Includes preparing roll forward schedules, verifying the source and accuracy of transactions and resolving discrepancies.
• Post Aptify scheduled transactions and standard monthly journal entries by date due and in compliance with department procedures and goals.
• Prepare royalty, commission, meeting registration and exhibit revenue reconciliation schedules, and post related accrual and allocation journal entries. Includes working with outside vendor systems.
• Review deferred revenue schedules for accuracy and work with programs to research payments, review aging reports and analyze accounts for write off or adjustment
• Prepare audit work papers, participate in special projects and perform other accounting duties that contribute to the goals and objectives of the department.
• Make recommendations regarding accounting processes and procedures to increase efficiency and enhance internal control.
• Work with IT department staff and program staff to identify and resolve system problems.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline is required.
• Minimum 4 years of experience working in an Accounting generalist role with at least 2 of those years working with revenue recognition, deferred schedules and analysis.
• Must have experience with a customer database and have the ability to analyze data from multiple sources and tables. Must have experience preparing roll forward and reconciliation schedules.
• Must have advanced Excel knowledge and demonstrated experience creating pivot tables, using vlookup and other advanced Excel functions.
• Experience with Aptify or Serenic Navigator is a plus.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) necessary to effectively interact with all levels of organization.
• Attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and Adobe Acrobat.
• Display high level of energy and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently and as a member of a team.
• Ability to plan and prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
• Ability to establish strong working relationships with all division teams and management.
• Experience in a professional Association or other non-profit is a plus.
Physical/Work Environment: Fast paced with significant people interaction. No lifting over 20 pounds, minimal reaching bending and stooping. Performs work in a normal office environment with long hours in front of the computer.
The American College of Surgeons is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (312) 202-5000 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. The American College of Surgeons will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Internal Number: 18-0036
About American College of Surgeons
The American College of Surgeons is a professional and educational organization of surgeons that was founded in 1913 to raise the standards of surgical practice and improve the quality of care for surgical patients. The College is dedicated to the ethical and competent practice of surgery. Its achievements have significantly influenced the course of scientific surgery in America and have established it as an important advocate for all surgical patients. The College has more than 80,000 members and is the largest organization of surgeons in the world. For more information, visit www.facs.org.