The Exhibits Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating and managing the exhibit program for the ACS and Client meetings. This individual will coordinate the satellite symposium, advertising and promotion programs for the ACS and Client Meetings and works directly with the Associate Director, Convention & Meetings to facilitate convention center activities at the Annual Clinical Congress.
This position will report to the Associate Director in the Division of Convention & Meetings.
• Coordinates all aspects of exhibit sales for the ACS Meetings and for Client Meetings. Maintains exhibitor database, assigns booths and manages financial records. Develops prospectus and works directly with Integrated Communications to produce.
• Coordinates development of floor plan with General Contractor. Develops Exhibitor Service Kit. Works directly with Conventions Center to ensure that all floor plans are approved by the Fire Marshal.
• Coordinates satellite symposium and advertising/promotion programs for the the ACS and Client Meetings. Works directly with Integrated Communications or a third party vendor to develop promotional brochures. Coordinates all activity associated with both programs to ensure all ACCME compliant. Works directly with Senior Meeting Planner to assign space for the symposium. Approves all ads to ensure accuracy and ACCME compliance.
• Works directly with Associate Director facilitate convention center activities for Clinical Congress. Works with General Contractor and Convention Center on the layout of Exhibit Hall, ACS Exhibits (i.e., PAC and Foundation), Registration, and ACS Offices. Works directly with ACS staff to coordinate layout of offices and ACS Booths. Works Directly with Integrated Communications in the production of artwork for ACS Booth and Offices.
• In conjunction with the Division of Education handles logistics for skills courses. Sends out RFP’s for security, photography, shuttle buses and computer rentals for meetings.
• Works directly with Security Company for meetings to ensure all guards are in their proper positions. Handles all transportation needs at other ACS meetings and client meetings (i.e., shuttle buses and VIP transportation).
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university is required.
• Minimum two years’ experience in a similar or related role is required.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) necessary to effectively interact with all levels of organization.
• Capable of providing excellent customer service.
• Attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Must be able to multi-task.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and Adobe Acrobat.
• Display high level of energy and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently and as a member of a team.
• Ability to plan and prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
• Ability to establish strong working relationships with all division teams and management.
• Experience in Associations, professional services, healthcare, and/or education desired.
Fiscal Management: This position is required to provide staff support to the supervisor in the development of the unit’s annual budget, program or project budget, required to manage project or program Budget.
Physical/Work Environment: Fast paced with significant people interaction. No lifting over 20 pounds, minimal reaching bending and stooping. Performs work in a normal office environment with long hours in front of the computer. Lifting boxes while at meetings.
Other Necessary Requirements: Evening or weekend duties may be required. Moderate travel for activities such as out of town meetings is required. Valid driver’s license required.
The American College of Surgeons is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (312) 202-5000 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. The American College of Surgeons will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The American College of Surgeons is a professional and educational organization of surgeons that was founded in 1913 to raise the standards of surgical practice and improve the quality of care for surgical patients. The College is dedicated to the ethical and competent practice of surgery. Its achievements have significantly influenced the course of scientific surgery in America and have establish...ed it as an important advocate for all surgical patients. The College has more than 80,000 members and is the largest organization of surgeons in the world. For more information, visit www.facs.org.