Customer Service and Support, Information Technology and Web
4 Year Degree
ABOUT THE JOB
The Director of Technology Strategies provides leadership and direction in planning and managing of all services related to the organization’s information infrastructure and communication networks, both on-premise and cloud-based. The principal responsibility is to manage and maintain the organization’s Information Technology (IT) infrastructure running primarily on a Microsoft/Cisco network architecture. The director manages IT to ensure appropriate balance between operational and strategic demands at the organization’s headquarters in Washington DC, New York City office, and in support of remote users.
Responsibilities include the management of a Cisco Unified Communications (UC) phone system, managing cell phone services, and the management of network and communication service providers/vendors to ensure network reliability. The director is involved in the implementation and maintenance of new technology projects including Microsoft SharePoint and Avectra netFORUM Enterprise Association Management Systems (AMS). The director functions as part of a larger technology department that maintains the organization’s databases, websites, and network systems. The director supervises an information technology associate.
What You’ll Do
• Manage and maintain network systems including file servers, firewalls, routers, switches, workstations, printers, and other peripheral devices; track significant problems, monitor performance, and schedule and perform upgrades to hardware/software • Operate and maintain telecommunication systems including Cisco Unified Communications (UC) phone system plus audio and video conferencing solutions • Manage telecommunication service providers including local/long distance voice circuits and internet/interoffice data circuits to ensure network availability • Provide direction, planning, budgeting, technical advice, and leadership for all information technology aspects of the organization • Analyze current and future technology solutions to keep the organization on current technology platforms, to find the best solutions for the organizational needs, and to ensure that cost saving measures are considered and implemented where applicable • Research, recommend, develop and deploy new systems, methods, and structures as required; provide direction for operational scheduling, data storage and protection including backups/retrievals, plus disaster recovery functions for the IT infrastructure • Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures • Contribute to and maintain system standards • Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale • Performs analysis, design, and development of security features for system architectures • Provides integration and implementation of the computer system security solution • Deployment of applicable server patches and performs systems backups • Ability to quickly assimilate technical problems, troubleshoot and prioritize effectively, develop appropriate resolution strategy, and communicate with management • Manage help desk system to assign tickets and manage through resolution all technical difficulties with hardware and software • Act as the point of escalation for routine help desk tickets and IT problems • Oversee the installation, repair, and maintenance of all PC equipment and peripherals • Develop and maintain equipment inventory reports detailing capital asset information; develop equipment lifecycle plans to ensure that the organization has appropriate equipment to keep pace with technology advances and future requirements • Develop, draft, and enforce technology policies and guidelines to ensure network health and protect the security of organization’s data • Train others on the use of tools, software, and technical procedures necessary to maintain the integrity of network systems • Work with technology staff along with staff from other departments to document and keep up-to-date Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) • Oversee the development and maintenance of documentation regarding network configurations, standard operating procedures, and service records relating to the organization’s IT infrastructure plus back office systems including financial, reporting, and Association Management Systems (AMS) • Attend classes, seminars, conferences, and review professional literature to enhance knowledge of trends and developments related to network systems, intranet website development, and database administration • This position may require availability to perform maintenance and emergencies response, during non-business hours and over weekends.
Your Leadership Skills
• Support the mission and vision of Americans for the Arts by championing and inspiring the use of new and innovative technologies • Teach and guide staff about the new and innovate ways to use technology to achieve their goals and support the organization’s strategic plan.
Your Supervisory Skills
• Support the mission and vision of Americans for the Arts in all interactions with colleagues and staff • Coach and develop direct-reports • Provide ongoing performance feedback to employees • Administer mid-year review of performance goals and annual performance review • Operate within and support Americans for the Arts personnel policies and practices • Develop and update employee job descriptions as necessary • Support and carry out management decisions
Skills You’ll Have
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field required • 7+ years’ experience in the information technology field with progressively greater responsibility required • Training, Experience or Certification for a Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MSCE) concentration in Cloud Platform and Infrastructure and/or Productivity • Training or certification for Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) o CCNA certifications are not required, but a demonstrated ability to interface with and configure Cisco router and switch equipment is required. At least 5 years’ applicable work experience within Cisco systems preferred. • Demonstrated knowledge of network hardware including HP file servers and printers, Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS), and Cisco network equipment including firewalls, routers, and Power of Ethernet (PoE) switches • Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft software products including Office 365, Microsoft Server 2003/2012, SQL Server 2012, and SharePoint 2016 • Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7 & 10 along with Macintosh operating systems and hardware environments • Demonstrated experience managing network and telecommunications service providers/consultants • Experience managing systems on-premise and cloud-based environments • Knowledge of netFORUM Enterprise Association Management Systems (AMS) a plus • Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics SLor other associated financial systems a plus • Familiarization with database and business intelligence concepts, networking technologies including LAN/WAN and VPN, and security challenges including viruses, spyware, malware, and SPAM • Project Management experience with a demonstrable success implementing technology projects on time and within budget • Supervisory experience and demonstrated group facilitation team building and collaboration skills required • Outstanding analytical, planning, verbal/written communication, and problem-solving skills required • Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously with minimal supervision required • Information Technology experience in an association/non-profit environment preferred • Ability to lift up to 30 pounds to move and setup equipment as required • A positive attitude and an earnest interest in providing good customer service to our members and partners • A commitment to advancing the arts in America
Other Skills We’d Love to Hear About
• Experience working for a non-profit caused based organization • Your work in fast-moving workplace collaborating with creative and demanding colleagues who are always working towards greater innovation
Founded in 1960, Americans for the Arts is the nation's leading nonprofit organization for advancing the arts and arts education. From offices in Washington, DC and New York City, we provide a rich array of programs that meet the needs of over 150,000 members and stakeholders. We are dedicated to representing and serving local communities and to creating opportunities for every American to participate in and appreciate all forms of the arts.