The Council Director is responsible for delivering an outstanding member experience to senior sales, strategy/M&A, and marketing executives at some of the world’s leading manufacturers, including Ingersoll Rand, Eaton, Parker Hannifin, Lincoln Electric, GE, and Rockwell Automation. She/he interacts continuously with members and their teams, plans and runs uniquely valuable and “can’t-miss” member meetings per year (as well as webinars), and supports the members’ needs for benchmarking by connecting them with relevant MAPI services (including quick benchmarking projects, networking discussions with other members, etc.).
She/he also works closely with the Sales department to support growth efforts, with the Special Events department to lead our forums for executives involved with digital marketing and product management, and with the Research team to develop research projects to deliver insights to support executive decision-making. Don’t worry, you’ll have some help. The Director is supported by a Member Services Specialist who helps meet the needs of the Sales, Strategic Planning & Development and Marketing Councils.
The ideal candidate is someone with a proven ability to provide outstanding customer experiences (e.g. customer-facing roles at a membership organization or management consultancy). He/she is a leader with presence, is poised under pressure, comfortable being a trusted partner to senior growth executives, and possesses the intellectual curiosity to uncover new and innovative practices to support member learning. While the ideal candidate need not have deep expertise in sales, marketing, and strategy, a strong working knowledge of at least one of these areas is required. Experience in a membership organization is ideal. Familiarity with the manufacturing industry is a plus.
Delivering an Outstanding Member Experience
· Set and execute segment strategy by understanding member needs in order to launch events and research to deliver high-impact insights to the membership
· Manage relationships and ensure satisfaction of the 200+ executives participating in the Sales, Strategic Planning & Development, and Marketing Councils
· Through regular virtual and in person interactions ensure members and their teams derive value from membership via live and virtual events, peer benchmarking, and structured research initiatives
· Actively engage members via content channels including online chat forums, e-newsletters and website
Managing Effective Events
· Manage all aspects of at least 8 in-person meetings/year, including agenda development, speaker recruitment and preparation, meeting logistics, and facilitation to ensure a high-impact learning environment for members
· Partner with members to ensure that the topics and content of events is relevant and timely
· Plan and execute at least 3 webinars per year, featuring member or 3rd party speakers
Create Relevant and Valuable Content
· Establish and execute annual content plan to publish new findings on business issues of interest to senior growth executives
· Author quarterly Commentary articles on issues relevant to members.
· Collaborate with members to identify issues for benchmarking. Partner with MAPI Research team on survey development, data collection, and analysis.
Collaborate with Colleagues
· Work with the Member Services Specialist to ensure all Council resources (case studies, templates, white papers, etc.) are current and easily accessible on the Council page of the MAPI web site
· Work with the MAPI Sales team to guide the recruitment of new members
· Work with the research team to identify and author research projects (e.g. acquisition target pipeline management, variable sales compensation) to create value for the members
At least 10+ years of experience working on growth-related issues, either in a membership group, a corporate department, or an advisory firm
Proven track record of providing outstanding experiences to clients (ideally senior executives)
Strong writing and analytical skills
Proven communications skills with strong executive presence and gravitas
Highly collaborative style, demonstrated ability to collaborate with diverse and cross-functional teams
Track record as both a strategic thinker and doer able to manage a variety of key initiatives simultaneously
Self-starter, able to work independently and who enjoys taking the initiative
Demonstrated project management experience, including an ability to efficiently plan, prioritize and manage multiple complex projects simultaneously with limited direct supervision
Proven ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where everyone is expected to balance multiple roles and commitments
Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and needs of the organization
Founded in 1933, the Manufacturers Alliance for Productivity and Innovation is a nonprofit organization that connects manufacturing leaders with the ideas they need to make smarter decisions.
Our mission is simple: to provide manufacturers with the competitive intelligence, research, and tools to make them more effective in a global landscape that changes daily. We accomplish this thr...ough:
• Executive-level education for members and their teams to share best practices, discuss solutions to shared challenges and become more effective leaders.
• Global economic and business research that executives, policymakers, the media, and the association community rely on to gain unbiased insight into the challenges and opportunities facing the manufacturing sector.
MAPI offers an attractive compensation and benefits package which includes medical, dental and vision insurance with dependent coverage; 401(k) plan with generous match; paid time off (PTO), flexible work hours, boutique fitness discounts, and convenient Arlington location close to Rosslyn Metro.
Please submit a cover letter with salary requirements and a resume to email@example.com. www.mapi.net